Cyber Security Tools Training
IT / Pentest professional
Course Start Dates
11 November 2023
6 weeks training | 24 hours of lectures
Online Instructor-led Training
4 hours live session per week | Every Saturday from 14:00 to 18:00
In this course, you will learn from basic to advanced options to use the cyber security tools used by penetration testers and ethical hackers.
Course Fee: CHF 990
- Explanation of the significance of penetration testing in securing computer networks and its importance.
- Introduction and practical application of commonly used tools in penetration testing, such as Wireshark, Snort, Metasploit, nmap, Volatility, Python, and Burp Suite.
- Training on the effective utilization of the tools mentioned above to detect vulnerabilities, exploit them, and report the findings to stakeholders.
- Teaching fundamental concepts in network reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, and exploitation, and how to apply them in a real-world environment.
- Instruction on how to capture packets, analyze network traffic, and detect malicious activity using Wireshark and other tools.
- Practical experience in forensic analysis of compromised systems using Volatility and other related tools.
- Hands-on training on the use of commonly used exploitation frameworks, such as Metasploit, for unauthorized access to target systems.
- Learning how to use Linux effectively as a penetration testing platform, including command-line tools and scripting with Python.
Prerequisites / Equipments
- Basic IT Background
- Basic InfoSec knowledge
- Basic Ethical Hacking knowledge
- Basic programming skills
- Basic Linux knowledge
- A laptop or computer with Kali Linux or a virtualizer to run a Kali Linux virtual machine
- A minimum of 50 GB of hard disk space, SSD preferred
- A minimum of 2 GB RAM.
- 32 or 64 bit CPU (single-core) with 2 GHz speed or better
- Broadband internet connection
- Computer Science / Cyber Security students looking to gain real-world knowledge
- Career professionals looking to make the jump into security work
- Engineers looking to improve their understanding of security
- PenTesters looking to sharpen their skills.
- IT Personal trying to use specific tools to assess their environment
- Infosec auditors trying to use specific tools to assess the customer's environment
What makes us unique?
Real-world cyber security challenges from industry experts
All of our students are provided with private Virtual Machines and Hacking Labs for a practical & personalized learning experience with over 30 international academics and experts from 10 countries.
Learn anytime anywhere in Switzerland or other countries
The entire course is live and interactive. All students will have direct access to their own lab, online campus, the teacher’s screen, and the live class itself, they’ll have a big advantage over traditional face-to-face classes.
After successfully completing the course and attending the exam, the Swiss Cyber Institute provides certificate for each participant in an electronic format.
Book a free Consultation Call
All our courses
Frequently Asked Questions
We will use several standards and publications in this course:
- CSA STAR matrix
- MITRE ATTACK framework
Classes will be recorded for the students so they can review the material.
The course will be divided into the following modules:
- Security and risk management
- Asset and information governance
- Information security controls and models
- Infrastructure and network security
- Identity and access management
- Ethical Hacking and Security audits
- IoT Security
- Information security in the software development lifecycle
Students will need to finish one module before they move to the next one.
Students will take 6 weeks to complete the course, taking 4 hours per live class and 4 hours for assignments each week.
- Live Classes / Video conferencing
- Email / Instant messaging / Social networks
Students can contact the teacher at any time they want. The teacher will reply as soon as possible.
Live classes will be performed so students can also ask live questions if they have any.
- Live class exercises and presentations
- Final project presentation
- Comupter based exam
Subscribe for updates
We share the most important cyber security news biweekly. Stay informed for free and stay cyber secure.