Information Security Risk Management
IT / Cyber professional
Course Start Dates
07 January 2022
6 weeks / 2 months
48 Hours Live Interactive Learning
8 hours / week
In this course, you will learn key principles of risk analysis and acquire the knowledge to implement risk management concepts in your organization so the processes’ maturity can be enhanced and the gap between IT and Business can be reduced.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand governance and management objectives
- Implement a platform for establishing a governance program
- Understand the Cornerstone Information Security Concepts
- Understand the importance and how to create a Business Impact Analysis
- Correctly assess compliance and regulatory issues
- Implement actions and controls over cloud environments
- Understand the process and business maturity measurements as well as capability measurements
- Understand information technology and business’ governance and management concepts.
- Understand how cryptography is an important part of information security
- Understand technical, physical, and administrative information security controls.
- Implement controls and solutions to close the gap between business goals and IT goals.
Prerequisites / Equipments
- Basic IT Background
- Basic InfoSec knowledge
- Basic Ethical Hacking knowledge
- Basic programming skills
- Basic business needs and goals understanding
A laptop or computer that can use conference call software. Basic programs such as excel, word, and PDF reader must be installed as well.
- Computer Science / Cyber Security students looking to gain real-world knowledge.
- Career professionals looking to make the jump into security risk management work.
- Engineers looking to improve their understanding of security risks.
- Business Managers trying to qualify and quantify cyber security risk
- CISO and CIOs trying to govern information security controls and measures.
- Students trying to pass certifications such as CISSP, CISM, Security plus, etc.
What makes us unique?
Real-world cyber security challenges from industry experts
All of our students are provided with private Virtual Machines and Hacking Labs for a practical & personalized learning experience with over 30 international academics and experts from 10 countries.
Learn anytime anywhere in Switzerland or other countries
The entire course is live and interactive. All students will have direct access to their own lab, online campus, the teacher’s screen, and the live class itself, they’ll have a big advantage over traditional face-to-face classes.
After successfully completing the course, the Swiss Cyber Institute provided training certificates for each participant in an electronic format.
Discover our courses
Not sure which course suit you the best?
By taking quiz, you will be able to see which one of our courses suits with your requirements and needs more
Frequently Asked Questions
We will use several standards and publications in this course:
- CSA STAR matrix
- MITRE ATTACK framework
Classes will be recorded for the students so they can review the material.
The course will be divided into the following modules:
- Security and risk management
- Asset and information governance
- Information security controls and models
- Infrastructure and network security
- Identity and access management
- Ethical Hacking and Security audits
- IoT Security
- Information security in the software development lifecycle
Students will need to finish one module before they move to the next one.
Students will take 6 weeks to complete the course, taking 4 hours per live class and 4 hours for assignments each week.
- Live Classes / Video conferencing
- Email / Instant messaging / Social networks
Students can contact the teacher at any time they want. The teacher will reply as soon as possible.
Live classes will be performed so students can also ask live questions if they have any.
- Live class exercises and presentations
- Final project presentation
Subscribe For Updates
We share the most important cyber security news biweekly on Friday. Stay informed for free and stay cyber secure.