Offensive Security - Penetration Testing
IT / Cyber professional
Course Start Dates
23 May 2022
6 weeks / 2 months
24 Hours Live Interactive Learning
4 hours live session / week
In this course, you will learn from basic to the most advanced and modern techniques to find vulnerabilities through information gathering, create and/or use exploits and be able to escalate privileges in order to test the customer’s information systems defenses.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Use passive and active reconnaissance techniques
- Use basic and advanced scanning and information harvesting techniques
- Create code to exploit vulnerabilities
- Use and modify public exploits
- Recognize legit public exploits from fake exploits
- Use several techniques to gain access to a system from both remote and local side
- Use several techniques to escalate privileges
- Clear your tracks
- Create executive reports so your pen-testing results can be presented to management.
- Perform lateral and vertical jumps between systems
- Use tunnels to compromise other computers on the network or hide your traffic.
Prerequisites / Equipments
- Basic IT Background
- Basic InfoSec knowledge
- Basic Ethical Hacking knowledge
- Basic programming skills
A laptop or computer that can run (not at the same time) the following machines on a virtual machine software (such as Virtual Box, VMWare, Parallels):
- A Windows VM
- A Kali Linux VM
- A Debian or Ubuntu VM
- Computer Science / Cyber Security students looking to gain real-world knowledge.
- Career professionals looking to make the jump into security work.
- Engineers looking to improve their understanding of security.
- PenTesters looking to sharpen their skills.
- Programmers trying to understand how to better secure their code.
What makes us unique?
Real-world cyber security challenges from industry experts
All of our students are provided with private Virtual Machines and Hacking Labs for a practical & personalized learning experience with over 30 international academics and experts from 10 countries.
Learn anytime anywhere in Switzerland or other countries
The entire course is live and interactive. All students will have direct access to their own lab, online campus, the teacher’s screen, and the live class itself, they’ll have a big advantage over traditional face-to-face classes.
After successfully completing the course, the Swiss Cyber Institute provided training certificates for each participant in an electronic format.
Discover our courses
Not sure which course suit you the best?
By taking quiz, you will be able to see which one of our courses suits with your requirements and needs more
Frequently Asked Questions
We will use several standards and publications in this course:
- CSA STAR matrix
- MITRE ATTACK framework
Classes will be recorded for the students so they can review the material.
The course will be divided into the following modules:
- Security and risk management
- Asset and information governance
- Information security controls and models
- Infrastructure and network security
- Identity and access management
- Ethical Hacking and Security audits
- IoT Security
- Information security in the software development lifecycle
Students will need to finish one module before they move to the next one.
Students will take 6 weeks to complete the course, taking 4 hours per live class and 4 hours for assignments each week.
- Live Classes / Video conferencing
- Email / Instant messaging / Social networks
Students can contact the teacher at any time they want. The teacher will reply as soon as possible.
Live classes will be performed so students can also ask live questions if they have any.
- Live class exercises and presentations
- Final project presentation
Subscribe For Updates
We share the most important cyber security news biweekly on Friday. Stay informed for free and stay cyber secure.